Lilleys' Landing will host a benefit tournament for C.A.M. on Saturday, April 8th here on Lake Taneycomo.
Christian Action Ministries is a local food bank providing food for families who are in need of a hand-up.
From their website: Each year Christian Action Ministries food pantry distributes tens of thousands of pounds of food and grocery products to hungry and needy people in our community. Last year CAM provided 625,000 lbs of food.
This distribution process is made possible by companies in the food and grocery industry and individuals who regularly donate surplus, distressed, and damaged food and grocery items to us so we may help those Taney county families who need it most.
C.A.M. serves over 1,000 families per month on average. C.A.M. also guides people to other service ministries in Taney County, dealing with finances, job training and counseling.
- Time: Start 8 am and check in at 2 pm.
- Lilleys' Landing will provide fish rulers to be returned after the contest. We will also provide a small notepad and pen to write each measurement to each individual.
- EACH TROUT caught will be scored. Note: All trout regardless of species or legality. In another words, brown trout less than 20 inches will be scored, as well as rainbow trout caught in the trophy area that measure between 12 and 20 inches.
- All trout MUST be released immediately, after being measured.
- Scoring is by measuring each trout caught by placing the fish in the measuring tray with the nose against the head of the rule. You may pinch and/or swing the tail.
- Length will be scored up to the half-inch. If a trout is 14-1/8th inch, it's scored 14.5 inches.
- Each measurement will be written down in the notepad provided along with the time it was caught. Also initial R for rainbow or B for brown trout.
- At "weigh-in", notepads will be turned in for tally. All measurements will be added by the tournament director and a total length will be the angler's final score.
- SCORE - The total of the lengths of all trout caught and recorded is the final SCORE of each contestant. If you catch 48 trout, the length of all 48 combined is the final score.
- Ties will be broken by the longest fish, second longest and so on.
- Tournament fee is $25 per person.
- Prizes will be given to the top 3 finishers. All proceeds from entries will go to C.A.M..
- All contestants will fish from a boat OR from Lilleys' Landing's dock. No wading will be allowed.
- There is no limit to how many anglers can fish out of a boat. It is an individual contest and each angler measures and scores his or her own trout. Each boat will have one measurement ruler.
- This is an artificial only fishing tournament. No live bait is allowed. No scented or soft plastic baits are allowed. No Powerbait or corn is allowed.
- No chumming will be allowed.
- All Missouri Department of Conservation rules apply.
We are looking for sponsors. We would ask sponsors to donate product and/or merchandise gift cards for the winners.
Lilleys' Landing will provide a nice meal to contestants and spectators after the tournament.